Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
By CairoCooking • August 31, 2016
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas in the batter and your kids’ favorite fruits! Prepare it for breakfast or dinner or for their lunchbox, one night in advance.
You can add to your pancakes sliced mango, kiwi, or grapes.
Tip: You can add two tablespoons of maple syrup in the batter if you feel your child prefers it sweeter.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup oats - شوفان
- 1 cup almond milk - حليب اللوز
- 3 small eggs - بيض
- 2 bananas - موز
- 1 cup berries (OR bananas, strawberries, peaches, grapes) - توت
- honey - عسل
Step by step
- Purée the bananas in a food processor or using a fork.
- In a seperate bowl, mix wholemeal flour, oats, and salt. Create a hole in the dry ingredients' mixture and add the eggs, bananas, and almond milk. Mix together. You may also blend all in the food processor on low speed.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and add coconut oil.
- For each pancake, pour 1/2 a cup from the batter onto the pan. Add your favorite fruits like berries, strawberries, grapes, and or peaches onto the pancake batter while it cooks.
- Cook on low heat until the pancake has some bubbles around the edges (about 1 to 2 minutes). Flip carefully and allow the other side to cook for a minute and the fruit to caramelize a little.
- Remove pancakes from the pan and cover. Serve with fresh fruits or honey.
Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes
For all our gluten-free friends out there: These Delicious No-Wheat Pancakes taste exactly like...
Arugula Sun-dried Tomato & Parmesan Salad
This salad is so delicious, it always leaves an impression with guests. It is a sophisticated...
Homemade Vanilla & Coconut Cake
Baking this gluten-free Vanilla & Coconut Cake is so easy, it'll become your new favourite...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.