Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
By CairoCooking • August 31, 2016
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas in the batter and your kids’ favorite fruits! Prepare it for breakfast or dinner or for their lunchbox, one night in advance.
You can add to your pancakes sliced mango, kiwi, or grapes.
Tip: You can add two tablespoons of maple syrup in the batter if you feel your child prefers it sweeter.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup oats - شوفان
- 1 cup almond milk - حليب اللوز
- 3 small eggs - بيض
- 2 bananas - موز
- 1 cup berries (OR bananas, strawberries, peaches, grapes) - توت
- honey - عسل
Step by step
- Purée the bananas in a food processor or using a fork.
- In a seperate bowl, mix wholemeal flour, oats, and salt. Create a hole in the dry ingredients' mixture and add the eggs, bananas, and almond milk. Mix together. You may also blend all in the food processor on low speed.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and add coconut oil.
- For each pancake, pour 1/2 a cup from the batter onto the pan. Add your favorite fruits like berries, strawberries, grapes, and or peaches onto the pancake batter while it cooks.
- Cook on low heat until the pancake has some bubbles around the edges (about 1 to 2 minutes). Flip carefully and allow the other side to cook for a minute and the fruit to caramelize a little.
- Remove pancakes from the pan and cover. Serve with fresh fruits or honey.
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
Quick Coconut Chicken Curry
The Coconut Chicken Curry is a favourite in our house and my quick go-to dish on busy days. It...
Simple 6 Layer Salad
A healthy and filling salad you can prepare with whatever you have in your kitchen and munch on...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]