Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
By CairoCooking • August 31, 2016
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas in the batter and your kids’ favorite fruits! Prepare it for breakfast or dinner or for their lunchbox, one night in advance.
You can add to your pancakes sliced mango, kiwi, or grapes from www.NaturesMarketEg.com.
Tip: You can add two tablespoons of maple syrup in the batter if you feel your child prefers it sweeter.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour OR NM Wholemeal Flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup oats OR NM Oat Flakes - شوفان
- 1 cup almond milk - حليب اللوز
- 3 small eggs OR NM Balady Eggs (Chemical free) - بيض
- 2 bananas - موز
- 1 cup berries (OR bananas, strawberries, peaches, grapes) - توت
- honey OR NM Raw Organic Honey (to taste) - عسل
Step by step
- Purée the bananas in a food processor or using a fork.
- In a seperate bowl, mix wholemeal flour, oats, and salt. Create a hole in the dry ingredients' mixture and add the eggs, bananas, and almond milk. Mix together. You may also blend all in the food processor on low speed.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and add coconut oil.
- For each pancake, pour 1/2 a cup from the batter onto the pan. Add your favorite fruits like berries, strawberries, grapes, and or peaches onto the pancake batter while it cooks.
- Cook on low heat until the pancake has some bubbles around the edges (about 1 to 2 minutes). Flip carefully and allow the other side to cook for a minute and the fruit to caramelize a little.
- Remove pancakes from the pan and cover. Serve with fresh fruits or honey.
Roast Beef On The Stove
There are several ways to do a roast beef - some people prefer putting it in the oven while others...
Gluten-Free Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
Pile this delicous creamy gluten-free chicken sandwich with all your favorite chemical-free greens...
Easy Vegan Tortilla Pizza
The tortilla pizza is such a fun lunchbox idea that will definitely please your kids. The...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.