Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
By CairoCooking • August 31, 2016
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas in the batter and your kids’ favorite fruits! Prepare it for breakfast or dinner or for their lunchbox, one night in advance.
You can add to your pancakes sliced mango, kiwi, or grapes.
Tip: You can add two tablespoons of maple syrup in the batter if you feel your child prefers it sweeter.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup oats - شوفان
- 1 cup almond milk - حليب اللوز
- 3 small eggs - بيض
- 2 bananas - موز
- 1 cup berries (OR bananas, strawberries, peaches, grapes) - توت
- honey - عسل
Step by step
- Purée the bananas in a food processor or using a fork.
- In a seperate bowl, mix wholemeal flour, oats, and salt. Create a hole in the dry ingredients' mixture and add the eggs, bananas, and almond milk. Mix together. You may also blend all in the food processor on low speed.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and add coconut oil.
- For each pancake, pour 1/2 a cup from the batter onto the pan. Add your favorite fruits like berries, strawberries, grapes, and or peaches onto the pancake batter while it cooks.
- Cook on low heat until the pancake has some bubbles around the edges (about 1 to 2 minutes). Flip carefully and allow the other side to cook for a minute and the fruit to caramelize a little.
- Remove pancakes from the pan and cover. Serve with fresh fruits or honey.
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي This is the recipe you need for those super busy days. Toss the...
Special Minty Zucchini
الوصفة بالعربي This is a simple yet delicious vegetable dish using ingredients...
Red Cabbage Warm Salad
This red cabbage warm salad is a nice change to your traditional greens-based salads. The sweetness...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]