Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
By CairoCooking • August 31, 2016
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas in the batter and your kids’ favorite fruits! Prepare it for breakfast or dinner or for their lunchbox, one night in advance.
You can add to your pancakes sliced mango, kiwi, or grapes.
Tip: You can add two tablespoons of maple syrup in the batter if you feel your child prefers it sweeter.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1/2 cup oats - شوفان
- 1 cup almond milk - حليب اللوز
- 3 small eggs - بيض
- 2 bananas - موز
- 1 cup berries (OR bananas, strawberries, peaches, grapes) - توت
- honey - عسل
Step by step
- Purée the bananas in a food processor or using a fork.
- In a seperate bowl, mix wholemeal flour, oats, and salt. Create a hole in the dry ingredients' mixture and add the eggs, bananas, and almond milk. Mix together. You may also blend all in the food processor on low speed.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and add coconut oil.
- For each pancake, pour 1/2 a cup from the batter onto the pan. Add your favorite fruits like berries, strawberries, grapes, and or peaches onto the pancake batter while it cooks.
- Cook on low heat until the pancake has some bubbles around the edges (about 1 to 2 minutes). Flip carefully and allow the other side to cook for a minute and the fruit to caramelize a little.
- Remove pancakes from the pan and cover. Serve with fresh fruits or honey.
Warm Halva Pudding
If you are a fan of Halva (like me), you will fall in love with this sweet and simple dessert. You...
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Salmon Teriyaki made at home and at a fraction of the restaurant price! It’s time to impress! ...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]