Balsamic Dijon Roasted Steak
By Alia El Askalany • July 3, 2015
This recipe was an entry in the #TheMeatCompete.
A super easy & fast steak recipe that is convenient for quick dinners & will have you and your family & guests hooked in no time.
- 2-2.5 kg beef fillet (one piece) - فيليه كندوز
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 3 tablespoon pepper corn - فلفل اسود حب
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 C while you prepare your meat. Make sure your steak is not cut into pieces but actually one whole piece (3er2 filletto). Let meat outside of fridge to defrost over night so it reaches room temperature and cooks evenly.
- Prepare your oven dish by mixing the mustard, vinegar, oil and salt to create a marinade and whisk well.
- Place your steak log (3er2 filetto) in the marinade and coat very well, rubbing marinade all over it. Season with fresh black peppercorns last, before oven, so it creates a nice crust on the outside. You can choose to leave them whole or cracked - per your preference.
- Place in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes for rare, 25-40 minutes for medium and 50 minutes for well done.
- Place your steak onto a dish and let rest for 5 minutes before you serve & slice.
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe...
Tropical Fruit Salad
The tropical fruit salad is not just refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also elevates a simple...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger,...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.