Balsamic Dijon Roasted Steak
By Alia El Askalany • July 3, 2015
This recipe was an entry in the #TheMeatCompete.
A super easy & fast steak recipe that is convenient for quick dinners & will have you and your family & guests hooked in no time.
- 2-2.5 kg beef fillet (one piece) - فيليه كندوز
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 3 tablespoon pepper corn - فلفل اسود حب
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 C while you prepare your meat. Make sure your steak is not cut into pieces but actually one whole piece (3er2 filletto). Let meat outside of fridge to defrost over night so it reaches room temperature and cooks evenly.
- Prepare your oven dish by mixing the mustard, vinegar, oil and salt to create a marinade and whisk well.
- Place your steak log (3er2 filetto) in the marinade and coat very well, rubbing marinade all over it. Season with fresh black peppercorns last, before oven, so it creates a nice crust on the outside. You can choose to leave them whole or cracked - per your preference.
- Place in oven and cook for 20-30 minutes for rare, 25-40 minutes for medium and 50 minutes for well done.
- Place your steak onto a dish and let rest for 5 minutes before you serve & slice.
Everyone’s Favourite Shawerma
The secret recipe to the best homemade shawerma is finally revealed. We had to dig for the...
Caramelized Almonds Covered with Dark Chocolate
Three ingredients and you have your own customized chocolate bites... you can prepare them for your...
Peanut Butter & Coloured Peppers Baladi Wrap
The sweetness of coloured peppers with the saltines of this guiltfree all natural peanut butter...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]