Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
By Dimah Jayyusi • July 13, 2016
In the kitchen, I’m a fan of rich flavor, but more important than that – an easy recipe, like this baked salmon with fresh herbs. Guests have asked me for this recipe – which is super easy to make. The only effort required is in the marinade preparation. Enjoy!
Recipe by Dimah Jayyusi.
- 4 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 3 piece garlic cloves (crushed) - فصوص ثوم
- 1.5 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1/8 cup olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 handful dill (chopped) - شبت
- 1 handful coriander (finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Mix all ingredients (except salmon steaks) to prepare the marinade.
- Sort salmon steaks, skin-side down, in a container, and drizzle with marinade. Seal container and give it a shake. Marinade for one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Place salmon steaks in an oven tray, skin-side down. Drizzle any remaining marinade.
- Bake in oven - uncovered - until flakey. It should take 20 to 30 minutes depending on salmon thickness. - until flaky.
- I normally serve it with steamed asparagus drizzled with lime juice & olive oil. Serve hot and enjoy!
Salted Pretzel Rocky Road Bites
This recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson's famous Rocky Road Crunch Bars. For the love of...
Banana & Date Whole-Wheat Cake
I came across a lot of baking recipes when I tried to introduce my toddler to sweets without adding...
Labna & Dukka Baladi Sandwich
Such a simple day to day sandwich. You can have the filling prepared and ready in the fridge for a...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]