Baked Greek Shrimps with Feta
By Fayza Riad • March 19, 2016
This recipe is the winner of #MyBestDish cooking competition.
Traditional Greek recipe, and very Mediterranean… It is light, fresh and easy. Tried it last year in Athens and just dared to cook it over for a friend’s dinner. Everyone loved it.
- 1 kg shrimp (unpeeled) - جمبري
- 2 cup tomato juice - عصير طماطم
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 tablespoon mint - نعناع
- 100 gram feta cheese (Greek feta) - جبنه فيتا
Step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper and let it cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring, and add tomato juice and tomato paste. Let it simmer over medium heat until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Add half the amount of parsley, oregano and mint. Pour the sauce into an oven-proof dish and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- In a mixing bowl, season shrimps with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix to coat. Arrange shrimps over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble cheese on top and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until tomato sauce is bubbling, shrimps cooked through, and cheese has slightly browned. Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mint and parsley and serve immediately.
Simple Mahalabeya with Lime Curd
A different & summery take on this nostalgic all time favorite Ramadan pudding, but this time I...
Homemade Low-Sugar Strawberry Jam
You might find this strawberry jam a bit dark like a berry jam, but that's due to the prolonged...
Light Vegetarian Moussaka
A simple meatless version of our classic Moussaka. The homemade tomato sauce tastes divine with a...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]