Baked Greek Shrimps with Feta
By Fayza Riad • March 19, 2016
This recipe is the winner of #MyBestDish cooking competition.
Traditional Greek recipe, and very Mediterranean… It is light, fresh and easy. Tried it last year in Athens and just dared to cook it over for a friend’s dinner. Everyone loved it.
- 1 kg shrimp (unpeeled) - جمبري
- 2 cup tomato juice - عصير طماطم
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 tablespoon mint - نعناع
- 100 gram feta cheese (Greek feta) - جبنه فيتا
Step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper and let it cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring, and add tomato juice and tomato paste. Let it simmer over medium heat until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Add half the amount of parsley, oregano and mint. Pour the sauce into an oven-proof dish and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- In a mixing bowl, season shrimps with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix to coat. Arrange shrimps over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble cheese on top and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until tomato sauce is bubbling, shrimps cooked through, and cheese has slightly browned. Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mint and parsley and serve immediately.
No-Recipe Roasted Vegetable Platter
This is a very simple recipe that goes a long way. I like to serve it on almost every dinner party...
The Homemade Burger Battle
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Click here...
Broccoli Salad with Honey-Glazed Walnuts
Vibrant, fresh and nutritious, this Broccoli Salad will be your new favourite vegetable/salad dish...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.