Baked Greek Shrimps with Feta
By Fayza Riad • March 19, 2016
This recipe is the winner of #MyBestDish cooking competition.
Traditional Greek recipe, and very Mediterranean… It is light, fresh and easy. Tried it last year in Athens and just dared to cook it over for a friend’s dinner. Everyone loved it.
- 1 kg shrimp (unpeeled) - جمبري
- 2 cup tomato juice - عصير طماطم
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 tablespoon mint - نعناع
- 100 gram feta cheese (Greek feta) - جبنه فيتا
Step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper and let it cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring, and add tomato juice and tomato paste. Let it simmer over medium heat until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Add half the amount of parsley, oregano and mint. Pour the sauce into an oven-proof dish and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- In a mixing bowl, season shrimps with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix to coat. Arrange shrimps over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble cheese on top and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until tomato sauce is bubbling, shrimps cooked through, and cheese has slightly browned. Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mint and parsley and serve immediately.
Balsamic Dijon Roasted Steak
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe was an entry in the #TheMeatCompete. A super easy &...
The Simplest Renga Baladi
Such a simple and tasty recipe that takes us back to our childhood and still makes an amazing...
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]