Baked Greek Shrimps with Feta
By Fayza Riad • March 19, 2016
This recipe is the winner of #MyBestDish cooking competition.
Traditional Greek recipe, and very Mediterranean… It is light, fresh and easy. Tried it last year in Athens and just dared to cook it over for a friend’s dinner. Everyone loved it.
- 1 kg shrimp (unpeeled) - جمبري
- 2 cup tomato juice - عصير طماطم
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 tablespoon mint - نعناع
- 100 gram feta cheese (Greek feta) - جبنه فيتا
Step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper and let it cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring, and add tomato juice and tomato paste. Let it simmer over medium heat until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Add half the amount of parsley, oregano and mint. Pour the sauce into an oven-proof dish and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- In a mixing bowl, season shrimps with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix to coat. Arrange shrimps over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble cheese on top and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until tomato sauce is bubbling, shrimps cooked through, and cheese has slightly browned. Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mint and parsley and serve immediately.
Baked Rice Meatballs (Koftet-Rozz)
الوصفه بالعربي Rice meatballs is the kind of food that both, kids as well as grown...
Salted Pretzel Rocky Road Bites
This recipe is adapted from Nigella Lawson's famous Rocky Road Crunch Bars. For the love of...
Baked Chips with Blue Cheese Topping
الوصفة بالعربي This is such a simple (and quick!) crowd pleaser... everyone will...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]