Baked Greek Shrimps with Feta
By Fayza Riad • March 19, 2016
This recipe is the winner of #MyBestDish cooking competition.
Traditional Greek recipe, and very Mediterranean… It is light, fresh and easy. Tried it last year in Athens and just dared to cook it over for a friend’s dinner. Everyone loved it.
- 1 kg shrimp (unpeeled) - جمبري
- 2 cup tomato juice - عصير طماطم
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- 1/2 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano - أوريجانو/ زعتر
- 1 tablespoon mint - نعناع
- 100 gram feta cheese (Greek feta) - جبنه فيتا
Step by step
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper and let it cook for a few minutes. Keep stirring, and add tomato juice and tomato paste. Let it simmer over medium heat until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Add half the amount of parsley, oregano and mint. Pour the sauce into an oven-proof dish and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- In a mixing bowl, season shrimps with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix to coat. Arrange shrimps over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble cheese on top and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until tomato sauce is bubbling, shrimps cooked through, and cheese has slightly browned. Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mint and parsley and serve immediately.
Vermicelli with Almonds
Vermicelli with Almonds (she'reya) has always been an important dish on my family's dinner party-...
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Classical Rice Pudding
Dig into this classic rice pudding and enjoy its delicate flavour. It is super silky & creamy,...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.