Baked Chicken Meatballs with Quinoa & Oats
By Jummana Lotfy • August 20, 2015
From 12 months.
These baked chicken quinoa meatballs are low in fat and high in protein. The quinoa adds the perfect texture to these kid-friendly meatballs that are not only healthy and nutritious, but also packed with flavor. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jummana Lotfy.
- 450 gram chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1/2 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1/3 cup quick oats - شوفان سريع التحضير
- 4 piece garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 medium red onion - بصلة حمراء
- 1-2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 handful parsley - بقدونس
- 1 pinch turmeric - كركم
- 1 pinch ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- 1 pinch red pepper powder - فلفل أحمر مطحون
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1 teaspoon honey (or any natural sweetener) - عسل
- 1 drizzle olive oil (for greasing) - زيت زيتون
- 1 egg - بيضة
Step by step
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Put all the above ingredients (except for the quick oats & 1 egg) with the cooked quinoa in a food processor and pulse until it looks like a paste.
- Mix 1/3 cup of quick oats & 1 egg with the minced chicken in a bowl.
- Form into balls and place on baking sheet. Brush the baking sheet and meatballs with a little olive oil (optional).
- Bake in a 200C oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Make sure to toss them around a few times while baking.
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Meat Cubes with Carrots & Potatoes
Kabab Halla or meat cubes cooked with carrots and potatoes is such an ancient dish in our family....
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]