Baked Chicken Meatballs with Quinoa & Oats
By Jummana Lotfy • August 20, 2015
From 12 months.
These baked chicken quinoa meatballs are low in fat and high in protein. The quinoa adds the perfect texture to these kid-friendly meatballs that are not only healthy and nutritious, but also packed with flavor. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jummana Lotfy.
- 450 gram chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 1/2 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1/3 cup quick oats - شوفان سريع التحضير
- 4 piece garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1 medium red onion - بصلة حمراء
- 1-2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 handful parsley - بقدونس
- 1 pinch turmeric - كركم
- 1 pinch ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- 1 pinch red pepper powder - فلفل أحمر مطحون
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 pinch sea salt - ملح البحر
- 1 teaspoon honey (or any natural sweetener) - عسل
- 1 drizzle olive oil (for greasing) - زيت زيتون
- 1 egg - بيضة
Step by step
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Put all the above ingredients (except for the quick oats & 1 egg) with the cooked quinoa in a food processor and pulse until it looks like a paste.
- Mix 1/3 cup of quick oats & 1 egg with the minced chicken in a bowl.
- Form into balls and place on baking sheet. Brush the baking sheet and meatballs with a little olive oil (optional).
- Bake in a 200C oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Make sure to toss them around a few times while baking.
No-recipe Falafel Platter with Vegetable Wraps
Add colour to your gatherings table with this fun falafel-wraps platter. To substitute bread,...
Baked Chips with Blue Cheese Topping
الوصفة بالعربي This is such a simple (and quick!) crowd pleaser... everyone will...
Baked Greek Shrimps with Feta
This recipe is the winner of #MyBestDish cooking competition. Traditional Greek recipe, and...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]