Baked Chicken Fingers
By shahdan • September 12, 2015
If my daughter had the option, she would have eaten fried breaded chicken EVERY SINGLE DAY, can you relate?!! I have been testing different ways to achieve a healthier baked version of her favourite nuggets and panee, without compromising on the taste and crispiness. My main problem was the ‘sandy’ and dry breadcrumbs after the baking process, which made her never approve my baked chicken. She also never liked the cornflakes options, which most of the time, ended up dry as well. In this recipe however, the breadcrumbs achieve the right crispiness, because the chicken is dipped in a mixture of yoghurt, oil and egg white before dusting in breadcrumbs. This recipe is great for play dates, lunchbox, and even grown-up gatherings, served with a dip of honey mustard on the side.
- 400 gram chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- to taste salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 150 gram yoghurt (around 1 1/4 commercial size cup) - زبادي
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 large egg whites - بياض بيض
- 2 cup breadcrumbs - بقسماط
- For the Honey Mustard - للمسطردة بالعسل
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt (preferably greek yoghurt/ or light mayo) - زبادي
- 1.5 tablespoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1 tablespoon honey - عسل
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Cut the chicken into fingers, or ask the butcher to prepare the chicken for you in advance.
- Marinate the chicken fingers in salt, pepper, garlic powder and one lime. For best results, leave to marinate overnight.
- In a bowl, combine the yoghurt with the egg white and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
- Place bread crumbs in a different plate/ bowl and set aside.
- Heat oven to 200C.
- To prepare your tray, brush the tray with a little oil then add the parchment paper. (This is an optional step to help the parchment stick to the tray). Next, brush the parchment paper generously with 1 tablespoon oil. You may add a little extra for a large tray.
- Dip the chicken fingers (one at a time) in the yoghurt mixture then coat thoroughly with the breadcrumbs and arrange on the baking tray.
- Bake for 20- 30 minutes, while turning the chicken half way through until coating is golden and chicken is cooked through.
- To prepare the honey mustard dip, simply mix all the dip ingredients together in a small bowl and serve with the chicken.
Orange & Cardamom Rice Pudding
الوصفة بالعربي Add a fragrant twist to this all time...
Cozy Cauliflower Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This soup is the perfect hug in a mug. Even those who wouldn't...
Luscious White Chocolate Lava Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-pan.com This cake...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]