Shortcut Baked Apple Crumble
By Salma El Hayawan • December 18, 2015
This is such a simple winter dessert, you will find yourself doing again and again. You don’t even need to peel the apples for that one. It’s a lovely edible gift when you’re invited at friends for dinner on a cold night. It also transforms the smell of the house while baking.
Recipe by Salma Elhayawan
- 4-5 apples (cut in wedges) - تفاح
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour - دقيق أبيض
- 3/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 100 gram butter - زبدة
- 3/4 cup water - ماء
- pinch salt - ملح
- pinch cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Place the sliced apples as one layer in a baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix melted butter, flour, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl until they are crumbly and feel like wet sand.
- Distribute the flour/butter mixture evenly over the apples, add water right before placing in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon right before getting it out of the oven. Eat warm and enjoy!
One Pot Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli
الوصفه بالعربي Such a simple recipe cooked all at once in one pot! No mess and it...
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Banana Peanut Butter Rolls
My son liked to dip bananas in peanut butter for breakfast, and one day he wanted to take to...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]