Avocado Caprese Salad
By shahdan • July 16, 2015
Colourful and super-tasty, this Caprese is served differently to cater for bigger crowds. In this special salad, cubed fresh mozzarella and red ripe tomatoes are tossed with fresh rocket leaves, infused with fresh basil then dressed with a simple balsamic vinaigrette. And if that’s not enough, extra avocado cubes are added on top for even more goodness.
- 2 bunch rocket (OR baladi arugula) - جرجير افرنجى
- 6 tomatoes (cubed) - طماطم
- 1 large avocado (cubed) - أفوكادو
- 250 gram buffalo mozzarella (fresh) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- 1 handful basil - ريحان
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 lime - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- First, mix the rocket leaves with the fresh basil then scatter them in your shallow serving plate or bowl.
- Cube the tomatoes, mozzarella and ripe avocado, then add them on top of the rocket & basil mix.
- Now you need to generously squeeze lime juice over the salad to prevent the avocados from going black. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, and pour over the salad right before serving.
Tomatoey Pasta Sauce With Lots of Greens
This is the grown up version of the kids healthy tomato pasta sauce - with added fresh spinach and...
Baby Banana Ice Cream
From 12 months. Not just because of dairy, but also because extra cold contents are not as easy to...
Simple Grilled Salmon & Mixed Veggies
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This recipe is an...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]