Avocado Caprese Salad
By shahdan • July 16, 2015
Colourful and super-tasty, this Caprese is served differently to cater for bigger crowds. In this special salad, cubed fresh mozzarella and red ripe tomatoes are tossed with fresh rocket leaves, infused with fresh basil then dressed with a simple balsamic vinaigrette. And if that’s not enough, extra avocado cubes are added on top for even more goodness.
- 2 bunch rocket (OR baladi arugula) - جرجير افرنجى
- 6 tomatoes (cubed) - طماطم
- 1 large avocado (cubed) - أفوكادو
- 250 gram buffalo mozzarella (fresh) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- 1 handful basil - ريحان
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 lime - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- First, mix the rocket leaves with the fresh basil then scatter them in your shallow serving plate or bowl.
- Cube the tomatoes, mozzarella and ripe avocado, then add them on top of the rocket & basil mix.
- Now you need to generously squeeze lime juice over the salad to prevent the avocados from going black. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, and pour over the salad right before serving.
Gluten-Free Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
Pile this delicous creamy gluten-free chicken sandwich with all your favorite chemical-free greens...
Pesto Baked Mussels
This is one of my favorite dishes at one of those pot mussels restaurants. It is so simple yet...
Easy Smoked Salmon Blini
Party food at its best! These salmon blini are not only elegant and absolutely scrumptious but they...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]