Avocado Caprese Salad
By shahdan • July 16, 2015
Colourful and super-tasty, this Caprese is served differently to cater for bigger crowds. In this special salad, cubed fresh mozzarella and red ripe tomatoes are tossed with fresh rocket leaves, infused with fresh basil then dressed with a simple balsamic vinaigrette. And if that’s not enough, extra avocado cubes are added on top for even more goodness.
- 2 bunch rocket (OR baladi arugula) - جرجير افرنجى
- 6 tomatoes (cubed) - طماطم
- 1 large avocado (cubed) - أفوكادو
- 250 gram buffalo mozzarella (fresh) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- 1 handful basil - ريحان
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 lime - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- First, mix the rocket leaves with the fresh basil then scatter them in your shallow serving plate or bowl.
- Cube the tomatoes, mozzarella and ripe avocado, then add them on top of the rocket & basil mix.
- Now you need to generously squeeze lime juice over the salad to prevent the avocados from going black. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, and pour over the salad right before serving.
Vegan Yellow Lentils
الوصفه بالعربي Made from very simple ingredients, the vegan yellow lentils dish...
Homemade Roast Beef Toasties
The key to preparing these healthy kid-friendly lunchbox toasties, is to use a cucumber peeler to...
Wholesome Black-Eyed Pea Salad
It's time to give black-eyed peas a chance since it is creamy, nutritious and full of goodness...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.