Avocado Caprese Salad
By shahdan • July 16, 2015
Colourful and super-tasty, this Caprese is served differently to cater for bigger crowds. In this special salad, cubed fresh mozzarella and red ripe tomatoes are tossed with fresh rocket leaves, infused with fresh basil then dressed with a simple balsamic vinaigrette. And if that’s not enough, extra avocado cubes are added on top for even more goodness.
- 2 bunch rocket (OR baladi arugula) - جرجير افرنجى
- 6 tomatoes (cubed) - طماطم
- 1 large avocado (cubed) - أفوكادو
- 250 gram buffalo mozzarella (fresh) - جبنة موزاريلا جاموسي
- 1 handful basil - ريحان
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 3 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar - الخل البلسمي
- 1 lime - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- First, mix the rocket leaves with the fresh basil then scatter them in your shallow serving plate or bowl.
- Cube the tomatoes, mozzarella and ripe avocado, then add them on top of the rocket & basil mix.
- Now you need to generously squeeze lime juice over the salad to prevent the avocados from going black. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, and pour over the salad right before serving.
Classical Rice Pudding
Dig into this classic rice pudding and enjoy its delicate flavour. It is super silky & creamy,...
My friend prepared these for a kids party and they were a big hit! Both, kids and grown ups, loved...
Warm Freekeh Eggplant Salad
Who knew the combination of freekeh and eggplants can be so hearty? The Warm Freekeh Eggplant...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]