Arugula Sun-dried Tomato & Parmesan Salad
By yasmine • June 4, 2015
This salad is so delicious, it always leaves an impression with guests. It is a sophisticated take on the famous arugula mushroom salad with added tastes of the sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts and pomegranate molasses dressing. It is green, rich and a party favourite!
Consider layering this salad with all the ingredients to ensure every serving is rich and full of flavour. If you toss all ingredients on the arugula it doesn’t distribute evenly and makes the arugula look little and worn out.
- 4 bunch arugula (without stems & hand-torn) - جرجير
- 250 gram mushrooms (thinly sliced) - عش الغراب
- 100 gram sun-dried tomatoes (thinly sliced) - طماطم مجففة
- 100 gram parmesan cheese (thinly shaved) - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/3 cup pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 1 lemon - ليمون
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (optional) - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- To do the dressing, mix the pomegranate molasses with lime juice, fresh pepper and olive oil.
- In a large salad bowl, layer 1/3 of the arugula leaves followed by 1/3 of the sliced mushrooms and 1/3 of the sun-dried tomatoes. Repeat the layering 2 more times.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- Keep the dressing step until it is time to serve - drizzle the dressing on top and on the sides of the salad but don't toss it. Then throw the toasted pine nuts and parmesan shavings on top.
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it...
Quick Coconut Chicken Curry
The Coconut Chicken Curry is a favourite in our house and my quick go-to dish on busy days. It...
One Pot Chicken, Mushroom & Broccoli
الوصفه بالعربي Such a simple recipe cooked all at once in one pot! No mess and it...
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings. This recipe also includes […]