Arugula Sun-dried Tomato & Parmesan Salad
By yasmine • June 4, 2015
This salad is so delicious, it always leaves an impression with guests. It is a sophisticated take on the famous arugula mushroom salad with added tastes of the sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts and pomegranate molasses dressing. It is green, rich and a party favourite!
Consider layering this salad with all the ingredients to ensure every serving is rich and full of flavour. If you toss all ingredients on the arugula it doesn’t distribute evenly and makes the arugula look little and worn out.
- 4 bunch arugula (without stems & hand-torn) - جرجير
- 250 gram mushrooms (thinly sliced) - عش الغراب
- 100 gram sun-dried tomatoes (thinly sliced) - طماطم مجففة
- 100 gram parmesan cheese (thinly shaved) - جبنة بارميزان
- 1 handful pine nuts (toasted) - صنوبر
- 1/3 cup pomegranate molasses - دبس رمان
- 1 lemon - ليمون
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (optional) - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- To do the dressing, mix the pomegranate molasses with lime juice, fresh pepper and olive oil.
- In a large salad bowl, layer 1/3 of the arugula leaves followed by 1/3 of the sliced mushrooms and 1/3 of the sun-dried tomatoes. Repeat the layering 2 more times.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- Keep the dressing step until it is time to serve - drizzle the dressing on top and on the sides of the salad but don't toss it. Then throw the toasted pine nuts and parmesan shavings on top.
The Juiciest Shish Tawook
الوصفه بالعربي Simple, juicy, and full of flavour... This Shish Tawook recipe will...
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone's favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes...
Hearty Harira Soup
الوصفة بالعربي My parents lived in Algeria for a year before I was born. There, my...
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Comforting Potato Gratin – A Shortcut Recipe
This potato gratin is not just delicious, it can be ready in as short as 30 minutes! You need to thinly slice the potatoes (unpeeled and all) with a mandolin or with the knife setting of the food processor. Also, boiling the potatoes for 10 minutes in little water and steam helps it get cooked […]