Artichoke & Lentil Salad
By shahdan • October 23, 2016
Full of colour, texture, and flavour, the Artichoke & Lentil Salad is the perfect way to eat real variety of nutritious food in one bowl… truly irresistible!
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 400 gram artichoke (frozen) - خرشوف
- 3 medium spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (chopped) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 large carrot (grated) - جزرة
- 3 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes (sliced) - طماطم تشيري
- 1 handful lettuce (or any green leaves like arugula or spinach - handtorn) - خس
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Wash and drain lentils. Cook them in 3 cups of water until soft. Discard water and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cover frozen artichoke hearts with water, and cook on medium heat until soft (about 20 minutes).
- Mix all dressing ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix lentils with dressing. Add finely chopped spring onions, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced cherry tomatoes, and finely chopped parsley.
- When artichokes have cooled, slice them into cubes or thin strips and add them to the salad. Cover and store in the fridge until serving time.
- Right before serving, add some hand-torn lettuce leaves to the salad and mix.
Mahshi Koronb (Stuffed Cabbage) Made Simple
Even though I love cooking and I have a passion for traditional Egyptian food, Mahshi Koronb...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger,...
Zesty Fresh Spinach & Beetroot Salad
Vibrant, nutritious and full of bold textures and flavours... This salad will blow your mind away!...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]