Artichoke & Lentil Salad
By shahdan • October 23, 2016
Full of colour, texture, and flavour, the Artichoke & Lentil Salad is the perfect way to eat real variety of nutritious food in one bowl… truly irresistible!
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 400 gram artichoke (frozen) - خرشوف
- 3 medium spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (chopped) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 large carrot (grated) - جزرة
- 3 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes (sliced) - طماطم تشيري
- 1 handful lettuce (or any green leaves like arugula or spinach - handtorn) - خس
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Wash and drain lentils. Cook them in 3 cups of water until soft. Discard water and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cover frozen artichoke hearts with water, and cook on medium heat until soft (about 20 minutes).
- Mix all dressing ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix lentils with dressing. Add finely chopped spring onions, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced cherry tomatoes, and finely chopped parsley.
- When artichokes have cooled, slice them into cubes or thin strips and add them to the salad. Cover and store in the fridge until serving time.
- Right before serving, add some hand-torn lettuce leaves to the salad and mix.
The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when...
Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake
From 9 months. This is a perfect broccoli - cauliflower mix recipe to introduce your baby to...
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]