Artichoke & Lentil Salad
By shahdan • October 23, 2016
Full of colour, texture, and flavour, the Artichoke & Lentil Salad is the perfect way to eat real variety of nutritious food in one bowl… truly irresistible!
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 400 gram artichoke (frozen) - خرشوف
- 3 medium spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (chopped) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 large carrot (grated) - جزرة
- 3 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes (sliced) - طماطم تشيري
- 1 handful lettuce (or any green leaves like arugula or spinach - handtorn) - خس
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Wash and drain lentils. Cook them in 3 cups of water until soft. Discard water and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cover frozen artichoke hearts with water, and cook on medium heat until soft (about 20 minutes).
- Mix all dressing ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix lentils with dressing. Add finely chopped spring onions, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced cherry tomatoes, and finely chopped parsley.
- When artichokes have cooled, slice them into cubes or thin strips and add them to the salad. Cover and store in the fridge until serving time.
- Right before serving, add some hand-torn lettuce leaves to the salad and mix.
Red Cabbage Warm Salad
This red cabbage warm salad is a nice change to your traditional greens-based salads. The sweetness...
Classical Rice Pudding
Dig into this classic rice pudding and enjoy its delicate flavour. It is super silky & creamy,...
Light One-Pot Okra
This is the vegan version of my mother's 'nayy fe nayy bamia'. While she uses stock, I like to...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.