Artichoke & Lentil Salad
By shahdan • October 23, 2016
Full of colour, texture, and flavour, the Artichoke & Lentil Salad is the perfect way to eat real variety of nutritious food in one bowl… truly irresistible!
- 1 cup black lentils - عدس بجبة
- 400 gram artichoke (frozen) - خرشوف
- 3 medium spring onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة خضراء
- 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (chopped) - طماطم مجففة
- 1 large carrot (grated) - جزرة
- 3 tablespoon parsley (chopped) - بقدونس
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes (sliced) - طماطم تشيري
- 1 handful lettuce (or any green leaves like arugula or spinach - handtorn) - خس
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 small lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Wash and drain lentils. Cook them in 3 cups of water until soft. Discard water and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cover frozen artichoke hearts with water, and cook on medium heat until soft (about 20 minutes).
- Mix all dressing ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix lentils with dressing. Add finely chopped spring onions, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced cherry tomatoes, and finely chopped parsley.
- When artichokes have cooled, slice them into cubes or thin strips and add them to the salad. Cover and store in the fridge until serving time.
- Right before serving, add some hand-torn lettuce leaves to the salad and mix.
Guacamole: Chunky Avocado Spread & Dip
الوصفة بالعربي This avocado dip is chunky and full of flavour! It can stay up to 2...
My friend prepared these for a kids party and they were a big hit! Both, kids and grown ups, loved...
Sun-dried Tomato Hummus with Basil
Everyone's favourite hummus dip, only a lot tastier with yummy sundried tomatoes and fragrant...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]