Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
By shahdan • February 1, 2018
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With colourful veggies, sweet crunchy apples and a hint of fresh dill & spring onions, this salad also makes an exciting cold side dish for grilled meat, chicken and fish.
- 4 cup mixed vegetables (frozen peas, carrots, green beans) - خضراوات مشكلة
- 1 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional) - مايونيز
- 1 medium apple (cubed) - تفاحة
- 1 medium spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 tablespoon dill (finely chopped) - شبت
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Boil vegetables for a few minutes until soft yet still fresh green in colour and crunchy. Rinse with ice cold water and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, mix yoghurt with mustard and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Add apple cubes, corn, spring onion, dill, followed by the mixed vegetables and mix. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Baked Kofta Rolls
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. It's a very easy...
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Vermicelli with Almonds
Vermicelli with Almonds (she'reya) has always been an important dish on my family's dinner party-...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]