Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
By shahdan • February 1, 2018
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With colourful veggies, sweet crunchy apples and a hint of fresh dill & spring onions, this salad also makes an exciting cold side dish for grilled meat, chicken and fish.
- 4 cup mixed vegetables (frozen peas, carrots, green beans) - خضراوات مشكلة
- 1 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional) - مايونيز
- 1 medium apple (cubed) - تفاحة
- 1 medium spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 tablespoon dill (finely chopped) - شبت
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Boil vegetables for a few minutes until soft yet still fresh green in colour and crunchy. Rinse with ice cold water and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, mix yoghurt with mustard and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Add apple cubes, corn, spring onion, dill, followed by the mixed vegetables and mix. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Make-Ahead Chicken Shawerma & Tahini Sandwich Fillers
The children will be super excited about this yummy Shawerma & Tahini sandwich at school. Just...
Traditional Foul BelKhalta
الوصفة بالعربي This traditional foul belKhalta is a family favourite recipe, that we...
Creamy Avocado Hummus
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new...
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]