Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
By shahdan • February 1, 2018
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With colourful veggies, sweet crunchy apples and a hint of fresh dill & spring onions, this salad also makes an exciting cold side dish for grilled meat, chicken and fish.
- 4 cup mixed vegetables (frozen peas, carrots, green beans) - خضراوات مشكلة
- 1 cup sweet corn - ذرة حلوه
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional) - مايونيز
- 1 medium apple (cubed) - تفاحة
- 1 medium spring onion (finely chopped) - بصلة خضراء
- 1 tablespoon dill (finely chopped) - شبت
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Boil vegetables for a few minutes until soft yet still fresh green in colour and crunchy. Rinse with ice cold water and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, mix yoghurt with mustard and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Add apple cubes, corn, spring onion, dill, followed by the mixed vegetables and mix. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we...
One famous childhood recipe... This is how my grandma used to serve artichokes. It makes a great...
Baked Greek Shrimps with Feta
This recipe is the winner of #MyBestDish cooking competition. Traditional Greek recipe, and...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without any complicated ingredients. It is merely juicy chicken in rich flavourful sauce served over aromatic rice. This recipe also works well with shrimps (the fancy variation of the recipe when guests would visit). This dish is […]