A Special Salted Toffee Sauce
By Marigo Gharbawy • June 1, 2015
Nothing beats having a sweet and salty drizzle of toffee on any of our favorite cakes or drinks. Try it out with my Walnut & Date Cake. Recipe by Marigo Gharbawy.
- 200 gram brown sugar - سكر بني
- 50 gram butter - زبدة
- 200 gram cream - قشطة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- salt (to taste) - ملح
Step by step
- In a medium non-stick pan, add brown sugar and butter. Bring slowly to a boil, allowing the butter to melt and sugar to dissolve.
- Let the mixture bubble for a couple of minutes before carefully adding cream, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Leave to cook for another 3 minutes or until the sauce is thick, sticky and glossy. Add a pinch of salt or more depending to taste and stir.
Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super...
Make-Ahead Chicken Shawerma & Tahini Sandwich Fillers
The children will be super excited about this yummy Shawerma & Tahini sandwich at school. Just...
Chicken Strips with Pickled Lemon Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي A new take on chicken that is not just lovely when you're cooking for...
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling the kitchen with the smell lets me think of my grandmother’s house and our family lunches ending with dipping these biscuits in the grown-ups hot teas. Our family calls it ‘our biscotti’ (like the Italian), because it looks and smells like it, yet […]
Chicken & Broccoli Filo Pie
The chicken & broccoli filling to this filo pie is so delicious and heartwarming. The cheese melting between the soft broccoli and tender chicken along with the crispiness of the buttered filo provide you with the deliciousness and warmth you expect from a homemade pie! You can prepare it as a round or as a […]