A Special Salted Toffee Sauce
By Marigo Gharbawy • June 1, 2015
Nothing beats having a sweet and salty drizzle of toffee on any of our favorite cakes or drinks. Try it out with my Walnut & Date Cake. Recipe by Marigo Gharbawy.
- 200 gram brown sugar - سكر بني
- 50 gram butter - زبدة
- 200 gram cream - قشطة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- salt (to taste) - ملح
Step by step
- In a medium non-stick pan, add brown sugar and butter. Bring slowly to a boil, allowing the butter to melt and sugar to dissolve.
- Let the mixture bubble for a couple of minutes before carefully adding cream, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Leave to cook for another 3 minutes or until the sauce is thick, sticky and glossy. Add a pinch of salt or more depending to taste and stir.
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It...
Dukka is a traditional Egyptian spice mix. It used to be a popular street food, eaten with...
Baked Chips with Blue Cheese Topping
الوصفة بالعربي This is such a simple (and quick!) crowd pleaser... everyone will...
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the quickest & most delicious homemade pizza. No kneading and no waiting time is required for the dough. Just mix the ingredients together, roll the dough out and get ready to add your favourite toppings. This recipe also includes […]