A Special Salted Toffee Sauce
By Marigo Gharbawy • June 1, 2015
Nothing beats having a sweet and salty drizzle of toffee on any of our favorite cakes or drinks. Try it out with my Walnut & Date Cake. Recipe by Marigo Gharbawy.
- 200 gram brown sugar - سكر بني
- 50 gram butter - زبدة
- 200 gram cream - قشطة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- salt (to taste) - ملح
Step by step
- In a medium non-stick pan, add brown sugar and butter. Bring slowly to a boil, allowing the butter to melt and sugar to dissolve.
- Let the mixture bubble for a couple of minutes before carefully adding cream, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Leave to cook for another 3 minutes or until the sauce is thick, sticky and glossy. Add a pinch of salt or more depending to taste and stir.
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted...
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
Easy Fruity Frozen Yoghurt Cups
Creamy, sweet, and full of nutritional goodness, these fruity frozen yoghurt cups make...
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]